Leadership Through Sport & Business is a social mobility charity that equips bright young people with access to meaningful work with major firms.
We have partnered with the Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest to offer a range of digital and technology apprenticeship programmes including: data analytics, software development, digital and technology apprenticeship programmes in London, Manchester and Edinburgh.
You will undergo an intensive 4-week bootcamp that combines the power of Sport and Business to help you succeed. From a Sports Leadership qualification to a host of employability skills and exclusive corporate experiences, we give you the edge.
Successful completion of the bootcamp guarantees you an interview with the Royal Bank of Scotland/NatWest for an apprenticeship. On the apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to gain a qualification whilst learning new skills, earn a competitive salary, and be supported professionally through the programme. There will be the opportunity of a permanent role for those who complete the apprenticeship.
- Free 4-week Innovation Bootcamp
- Lunch and travel paid during bootcamp
- Opportunity to be assessed for the RBS/NatWest digital & technology apprenticeships
- Full time salary ranges for successful candidates:
- Edinburgh and Manchester: £18,765 – £21,150 + 10% benefit funding
- London: £23,850 – £26,500 + 10% benefit funding
|Programme||Level||Description – what they will learn||Types of roles||Link to standard|
|Data Analyst – 2 years||4||Managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies on that data.||Data Analyst
|Software Developer – 2 years||4||To build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers. To be able to interpret design documentation and specifications.||Software engineer/web developer||Link|
|Digital and Technology Solutions (Integrated Degree) – 4 years||6||Flexibility of a number of pathways after Y1 – software developer, data analyst , web developer, cyber security etc||All Digital, Data Technology roles||Link|
|Digital User Experience professional (Integrated degree) 4 years
Launched Feb 2020
|6||Investigate, analyse and design the experience that people have with digital products and services, to find ways that these interactions can be implemented, improved and optimised.||Customer Journey/ Experience Manager||Link|
|Senior FS Customer Adviser – 18 months||3||Front line roles that deal with customers that need a high level of technical knowledge and skills across a wide range of products . All customer contact roles.||Assistant Relationship Managers /customer advisers||Link|
We are looking for young people aged 18 – 24 who are passionate about building a career in technology, innovation and customer experience. You don’t need previous experience, but you do need to show evidence of an interest in the sector.
- educated at a state school
- you may have been entitled to Free School Meals or Pupil Premium at some point in your education (English schools)
- studied a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) subject
- achieved one or more A Level and/or BTEC qualification (England) OR Level 6-7 SCQF and/or Higher/Foundation Apprenticeship and/or Advanced Higher (Scotland)
- explored digital/tech on your own
To apply for a digital & technology apprenticeship with Royal Bank of Scotland/NatWest please follow these simple steps:
- Click the button below to complete our application form. This will ask you certain questions about your skills and your background to check your eligibility.
- You can expect to receive a follow-up phone call from one of the LTSB Team. This will be to find out a little more about you and why you want to get into digital and tech.
- Successful candidates will be invited to individual video interviews and an online selection day.
- The Innovation Bootcamps will take place in July and August depending on location.