Are you interested in accountancy and sport?
Leadership Through Sport & Business is a social mobility charity that gives bright, disadvantaged young people access to high-level careers in business and finance.
We offer a life-changing accountancy apprenticeship programme. Through intensive training and partnerships with blue-chip companies and Premiership Football Foundations, over the course of sixteen months you will be developed personally and professionally, and better prepared for the business world.
If you want a financial career that takes you to the very top in business, apply today for the Leadership Through Sport & Business ‘More Than An Accountancy” programme.
You’ll gain the best possible start in your career while quickly developing your leadership skills and self-confidence.
Our Accounting programme addresses specific business challenges professionals face. The programme provides excellent networking opportunities with leaders in business, finance, sport, politics and law. At the same time we provide CV and interview sessions and employability workshops with world renowned organisations including Barclays Bank, CME, Macquarie, ICAP, Deloitte and Goldman Sachs.
Prior to your first ‘real’ interviews we also arrange individual interview coaching with AMS HR professionals in companies such as Credit Suisse and Citi.
What you get as a Leadership Through Sport & Business Apprentice?
- Paid 5-day work placement with a world class company including 1 day release to study at College. Previous LTSB apprentices have had placements with EY, RBS, RSM, Barclays, Grant Thornton, ICAP, Tullet Prebon, Tradition, Macquarie, Eversheds, Johnson Matthey, Crowe Clark Whitehill, BKL and many other leading organisations. Our employers pay the National Minimum Wage as a minimum. Most pay the National Living Wage or London Living Wage depending upon location.
- Leadership Development through coaching and sports leadership programmes with Premiership Football Club Foundations.
- Personal and professional development including employability and life skills, presentations and media training, attending masterclasses by leading financiers, personal mentoring and coaching by industry leaders, trips and visits to high profile financial institutions, negotiation games with leading professionals, business games, mock trials in a Crown Court and more.
- Five layers of support – Leadership Through Sport & Business, College, Football Club Foundation, a personal Corporate Mentor and your Employer – who all work together to help you succeed.
- One day a week in College to study AAT (Association of Accounting Technician) Level 3 qualification.
- Help with further placements and career progression after your Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Lifetime membership of the LTSB Alumni and Network.
“I wouldn’t be where I am now without Leadership Through Sport & Business. When I was offered a place I had the option to stay at College and continue with my A Levels (Biology, Economics and Maths) or join the LTSB programme and at first I was reluctant to accept, but I have no regrets about my choice. I have never looked back.”
Akash Ruparelia, LTSB Apprentice 2012 -13.
LTSB placed Akash at Bayern LB where he completed his AAT Level 3 apprenticeship in 2013. Bayern LB offered Akash a further 12 month contact after which he joined Windsor Racecource. He achieved AAT Level 4 during this time. He is now employed by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles UK as an Accounting Analyst and is studying for his ACCA professional qualifications.
” I would strongly recommend this course to anyone who is up for an exciting challenge and a thrilling experience like no other. ”
Atera Rahman, LTSB Apprentice 2012-13.
LTSB placed Atera at ICAP where she completed her AAT Level 3 apprenticeship in 2013. ICAP offered Atera a permanent role at the end of her apprenticeship. She is now a Junior Regulatory Accountant at ICAP, managing several LTSB 2015-16 apprentices as their line manager, has successfully completed AAT Level 4 and is studying for her ACCA qualifications.
LTSB Apprentices 2015-16 – Aston Villa Foundation and South & City College Birmingham Cohort
The Leadership Through Sport & Business Programme:
After selection in August, the programme begins in September. There are two stages: an unpaid 4-month training scheme, and a 12-month paid apprenticeship.
In the first four months, you are given the training and skills in order to succeed in the business environment through:
- Education – AAT Level 2 qualifications with expert college tutors
- Employability – exclusive interview training, CV coaching, public speaking and debate events
- Enrichment – coaching and sports leadership training with top football club foundations; attending masterclasses by leading financiers, personal mentoring and coaching by industry leaders, trips and visits to high profile financial institutions, negotiation games with leading professionals, business games, mock trials in a Crown Court and more.
Then you’re ready for a paid 12-month Level 3 apprenticeship with leading organisations such as EY, Grant Thornton, RSM, ICAP or Macquarie Bank. Four days a week you’ll be in the office, with one paid day at college to study for your AAT Level 3.
NOTE: This is a full-time, demanding course, right from the start!
The results are clear!
- 91% of our intake have successfully completed the programme
- 80% of apprentices have been hired by their incumbent apprenticeship employers
- 100% of graduate apprentices have found employment or progressed to university or further education.
So have you got what it takes to succeed at the highest level of business, but just need a chance to show what you can do?
- 16 – 22?
- Someone who needs our help to access a career with a world class company?
Do you have:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs A* to C including B in Maths and English, but ideally A-Levels or equivalent?
- An interest in Business and Sport?
- Determination, enthusiasm, and a SPARK of leadership potential?
Work Experience & Employment Opportunities
Leadership Through Sport & Business works hard to provide apprentices with outstanding placements at blue chip corporations, commerical organisations, financial institutions and accountancy firms, to give young adults not only the very best apprenticeship experience but also the opportunity of working for these organisations on a permanent basis at the end of their programme.
Employment Successes for Apprentices
An incredible 80% of students on our last 2 programmes have gained full time positions with their apprenticeship employers.
What’s on Offer in 2017-18?
Information coming soon regarding our 2017-18 ‘More Than An Apprenticeship’ Programme in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool.