Leadership Through Sport & Business
champions diversity, equality and social mobility

68%

68% of participants (2012-15) are from BAME backgrounds.

32%

32% of participants are female and we’re working hard to increase this percentage.

52%

52% of participants live in the most deprived 30% of the country.

36%

36% of participants report that they were eligible for free school meals.

Leadership Through Sport & Business
enables sustainable employment and careers

83%

83% of apprentices from the first three intakes completed the programme and graduated with leadership skills, AAT Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications, sport coaching qualifications, and significant professional experience with top employers.

87%

87% of those who completed the programme remained in full-time paid employment within six months of graduation (or in a few cases enrolled at university).

93%

93% of employers intend to participate in the programme again – the remaining 7% said they would but they have no positions available!

87%

87% of employers had not taken on a school leaver or apprentice for a junior accounting role before working with LTSB – and it’s changed the way they think about recruitment.